Joining the ASMC is an investment in yourself, your professional development and your career. As an ASMC member, you become connected to a global community of defense resource management personnel. Regardless of where you are in your career, your ASMC membership offers many paths and opportunities to learn from and interact with your colleagues in ways that will help you meet your professional goals. With your membership, you:
- Gain insight to information on current trends and development in the financial management of the Department of Defense and U.S. Coast Guard.
- Receive a subscription to the Armed Forces Comptroller, the quarterly professional journal of the ASMC, and the ASMC Connection, the monthly e-newsletter. These publications, as well as the ASMC website, contain articles, organizational news and updates on current trends and developments within the financial management community and the ASMC.
- Receive discounts for registration at the national Professional Development Institute, a three day educational event that provides valuable CPE and networking opportunitites.
- Have access to online educational opportunities, where members can participate at their own pace, start and stop sessions, and download presentations.
- Join in one of the more than 140 chapters worldwide. Chapter benefits could include monthly luncheons, local education activities, chapter publications, philanthropic endeavors and more.
- Receive discounts on enrollment and renewal in the Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) Program, which is one of the key certifications identified by the DoD for financial managers.
- Have the opportunity to participate in the National Awards Program. This program includes achievement awards, an essay contest, corporate member award, members' continuing education grants, high school scholarships and many chapter program awards.
- Gain access to the CPE management tool, which allows members to manage, track and record their continuing education experience.
- Have an opportunity to demonstrate leadership as a chapter officer or committee member.
- Network with military comptrollers/financial managers and other business organization interested in military comptrollership.
There are five classes of membership in ASMC:
- Active Members: Persons who are or have been employed as professionals in the military comptrollership field within the Department of Defense or Coast Guard, and who, to remain in good standing, have paid the appropriate dues and fees. The current fee is $26 for one year or $75 for three years. The membership fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Life Membership: Active, Associate or individual Corporate Designee Members (but not Corporations) who have been in good standing for at least twenty consecutive years and who, to remain in good standing, have paid the appropriate dues and fees, and members who are past National Presidents and who, to remain in good standing, have paid the appropriate dues and fees. Life members also include members who joined the Society prior to 1979 and who remained members in good standing for at least twenty consecutive years and became designated Life Members prior to 1 October 1998. Life members are recognized in the Armed Forces Comptroller once a year for their long-time support of the society.
- Associate Members: Persons who, though not qualified for Active or Life Membership, are employed in fields relating to military comptrollership and who to remain in good standing, have paid the appropriate dues and fees. Associate membership is $26 annually.
- Honorary Memberships: May be conferred upon persons making significant contributions to military comptrollership who are not eligible for, or who would not otherwise be expected to join, one of the other classes of membership. Honorary membership must be approved by the National Executive Committee, and has no fee.
- Corporate Membership is available for private sector companies interested in the military comptrollership field and have paid the appropriate fees. View pricing and benefits for corporate membership .