The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for the ASMC’s Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course. The American Council on Education, the major coordinating body for all the nation’s higher education institutions, seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. For more information, visit the ACE CREDIT website at www.acenet.edu/credit.
The Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course (EDFMTC) has been established as graded college-level instruction by the American Council on Education (ACE) and has a 3 credit hour recommendation at the lower-division and upper-division baccalaureate/associate degree category. Students will be assigned a letter grade based on their scores on the two tests given, the case studies and class participation. View grading rubric. The letter grades will be held at ASMC headquarters and can be used in conjunction with the American Council on Education’s transcript service when applying to a post secondary institution for academic credit.
Please note that although the American Council on Education has provided this recommendation, the final decision on whether to accept the recommendation and grant college credit lies with the registrar or the appropriate dean or department head in each college or university.
Lower-division Undergraduate Level credit recommendations:
To apply for lower-division undergraduate credit, the student must have received a letter grade of “C” or above in the course.
Upper-division Undergraduate Level credit recommendations:
To apply for upper-division undergraduate credit, the student must have received a letter grade of “B” or above in the course and submit a written paper in accordance with the standards established by Syracuse University, ASMC’s partner in evaluating applications for upper-division credit. View paper standards and grading rubric.
How to Obtain College Credit for the: Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course (EDFMTC)
- Visit the following website: https://www.acenet.edu/transcripts/register
- Click on ACE CREDIT Registry and Transcript Service
- If you have created an account, log on to your account. If you have not yet created an account, click on Create an Account and follow the prompts
- Once you are logged on to your account, click on My Courses
- Click on Add New Course
- In the Organization Name field, enter "American Society of Military Comptrollers"
- If you are requesting lower-division undergraduate credit for the Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course, click on the course with thee ACE Course Number ASMC-00001. Upper-division undergraduate credit (ACE Course Number ASMC-0002) requires the completion of a research paper. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Select the date range in which the course was completed: "3/1/2001 – 9/30/2007", "10/1/2007 – 6/30/2014", or "7/1/2014 – 6/30/2017"
- Click on Add to Transcript
- Enter the date you completed the course in mm/dd/yyyy format, and click on Submit for Review
- Select the location in which you took the course
- ASMC will receive an email from ACE requesting confirmation that you attended all the sessions and achieved the necessary scores on the required quizzes. This process may take up to 8 weeks.
- You will receive confirmation of transcript information registry from ACE